Follow EMG’s Lead and Dare to be Different!
The second most popular search engine after Google is YouTube. Why? Video is powerful. It’s emotional. It moves us. It makes us laugh, cry and buy. We know this in our personal lives, yet so many strategic marketing consultants marketers in 2014 are still relying on the old “talking head” video formula, if they’re using video at all.
Videos Drive Results, Including Lead Generation
Times are changing—and marketers for high-growth companies who perfect short-form video will be very successful indeed. As far back as 2010, a Google and Forbes Insights “B2B Trends in Mobile & Online Video” study involving 306 U.S. executives found:
- 83% of executives said they were watching more online video than the year previously.
- 75% of executives watched business videos on business-related websites at least weekly.
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video.
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly.
- 53% of executives have conducted a search for more information after watching a video.
- 52% of executives watch business videos on YouTube at least weekly.
- 51% of executives under 40 have made a business-related purchase after viewing a video.
Resist the Talking Head Snoozer!
Cut Through the Content Clutter
What common traits characterize the most-viewed and shared B2B videos?
EMG Hits a Home Run!
- “Love love love the video!”
- “You make it look so dramatic and exciting!”
- “Music is perfect, pace just right!”