In this B2B Marketing Q&A, Debra Andrews, President and Founder of Marketri, sits down to have a conversation with Director of Demand Generation at MediaPro and experienced marketing professional, Brian Hansford. They discuss best practices for marketing strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic and the future of marketing as the economy recovers.
Getting Acquainted / Introductions & COVID-19’s Impact on MediaPro (00:00 – 2:46)
- How has this impacted your position and priorities?
- Has your marketing / demand-gen team needed to pivot?
- Did you go through a formal process of some sort to do so?
- I know in demand generation, measurement and optimization are key. How do you work around this period when all measurements will be “unusual?”
- Can you give me a sense for some of the KPIs that have been adjusted?
Why do marketers feel vulnerable during this time? (2:47 – 12:42)
- According to a professional social network called Fishbowl, 65% of “advertising professionals” fear layoffs compared to 54% across all industries. Why do you think the marketing professional feels so vulnerable?
- Is it one-size-fits-all when it comes to lay-offs, or do you feel certain areas of marketing or marketers in particular situations are more vulnerable?
How are you and MediaPro preparing for the re-opening of the economy? (12:43 – 14:27)
- How are you and your team preparing for the re-opening of the economy?
- What are marketing “must haves?”
- What are marketing “don’t dos?!”
Putting the pandemic aside, what excites you most about marketing in 2020? (14:28 – 17:54)
- Putting the pandemic aside, what excites you most about marketing in 2020?
- What are your tried-and-true marketing practices that you will double down on?
- What are you looking to do that’s new?
About Brian Hansford
Brian Hansford is the Director of Demand Generation with MediaPro. Brian is a 20-year veteran in B2B marketing, with a passionate focus on B2B demand generation and marketing automation, content marketing, and social engagement. You can also engage with Brian on Twitter @RemarkMarketing.
Learn more about marketing consulting firms and staffing the marketing function.
Thanks for watching! We invite you to read more if you’re interested in marketing department structure, or please download our free guide:
Music by: https://www.bensound.com